Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Wedding Dresses

As you guys know, Nate and I are getting married in July, and we have been planning our wedding for some time now. Well, actually quite a while, since Nate proposed to me in the summer of '08. But the dress hunting didn't happen till a few weeks ago. This is what happens when you live in a family of procrastinators. Well, ok, just my mom and I are procrastinators. But we were the key components, ok?

Well, as it so happened, I ended up only going to 2 shops in total. The first one was David's Bridal, where I tried on my very first dress. This was with my best friend and maid of honor, Crystal. The moment she strapped me in, I started crying. I wasn't the first though, because Crystal had been crying since I put the slip on.
Well, I didn't want to buy it because I had never tried on another dress.

So we scheduled an appointment to go to another store nearby. This time, I brought the whole brood. My mom, grandma, dad, step-mom, nana, maid of honor, the other three bride's maids, one of my flower girls, and my youngest brother.
Like I said, the whole brood.
We tried on MANY dresses, and these were the most notable:

This was one that my dad had picked out for me. It was pretty, but I felt like a cake topper in it. It just didn't suit me.






This one was picked out by my grandma and my nana. They liked the mermaid style, and the simplicity of it. I felt that it gave me a little too much curvature, and it was a bit too plain.







This was one of the best ones I had tried on. My little sister picked it out. I really liked the fabric, the detail, and the way it fit me. It was almost perfect, but something was missing. At the moment, I didn't know what.







This one just felt special from the moment I put it on. I actually picked it out. I tried it on, and spent the most time in it. I couldn't help but feel something was missing.






Crystal knew though. It was the first dress I had tired on, and this one looked the most like it. The reason why I couldn't make up my mind about it was because I was thinking about the one that got away.
Well, it didn't get away, but it was the first dress I had ever tried on. After trying all these dresses on, I knew the first one was THE ONE. So we actually left the bridal shop and went back to David's Bridal and bought it then and there. I can't show you guys just yet, because Nate snoops around on my blog a lot, so you guys will have to wait till wedding pictures to see.

Now you're just as excited as I am right?

~Kaylee <3<3<3

4 comments:

  1. I must say I really love the third one, but I can't wait to see the one you picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a great share. I loved the first dress a lot and it is just perfect for my fairy themed wedding that we would be hosting at one of the exotic wedding venues NYC. The details were awesome and it looked like an expensive designer ceremony. All of the work had been done wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete