Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Colorado trip!

So last weekend, i went to Colorado for a soon to be family member's wedding. It was like a mini vacation! I loved seeing the mountains, and the fact that the dry air made my skin not as oily. This was the farthest i had ever been from home, and Nate's family gave me a new nickname: West of Toledo; because before then, that was the farthest west i had ever been! Toledo Ohio!
We left on friday morning, very early, and arrived at the Denver airport at about 10:45 local time. Including layovers, the trip took only 5 hours!! Planes are fast!!!!
Where i live ((OHIO)) there are TONS of trees, and everything is green and lush, but here, there were grasslands everywhere, and everything was really brown. It looked cold, but it wasn't!
We got to go up into the mountains for the wedding, and explore downtown Denver! We also got to spend a lot of time with Nate's family, my soon to be inlaws. It was a great weekend.

Here are some of the pictures:


Do you see the mountains in the distance???

This is a coyote, behind out hotel. He was stalking a few prairie dog holes, waiting to catch some lunch. It was funny because the prairie dogs knew he was there, and they were barking at him, as if they were making fun of him!


One of the prairie dogs, sitting on his hole. He was a pretty safe distance from the coyote, and pretty cute too.

Nate ((my fiance)) and i at the wedding, up in a cabin in the mountains!




This is Nate and i in front of the Denver Art Museum. I LOVE ART MUSEUMS!!!!

This is a picture from the plane: My first plane ride ever!



UPDATE!
I am officially better, NO MORE PIGGY FLU! I am completely healthy again! YAY!
Nate and i were laid off on thursday, and we are both currently job hunting, and Lilly~Anne is growing in her new winter coat!
TTYL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment